Harbor at Lakeway located in Lakeway, TX is currently taking applications for a Morning Cook.
As a Morning Cook, you will prepare food in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, the facility’s established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Director of Food Services, to ensure that quality food service is provided at all time.
Minimum eligibility requirements
• Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
• Minimum of 6 months experience required.
• Must practice and promote the communities guidelines, Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Values and Goals.
• Must have a positive attitude toward the elderly.
• Willingness to take responsibilities is a must.
• Prepare and serve food and meals in accordance with planned menus and established portion control procedures.
• Adjust menus and food preparation on short notice to accommodate unexpected food delivery problems, dietary needs, or guests.
• Assist in ensuring proper storage of raw and leftover foods.
• Complete daily and scheduled cleaning duties.
• Perform all daily tasks in accordance with established Universal Precautions and sanitary and infection control policies and procedures.
• Ensure that the department and all food storage and work areas are maintained in a clean and safe manner and that necessary equipment and supplies are properly maintained and arranged.
• Maintain habits of good personal hygiene.
• Promptly report all hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents, and incidents to your supervisor.
• Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Assist in inventorying and storing incoming foods, supplies, and equipment and recommend to the DSS the equipment and supply needs of the department.
• Review menus prior to preparation of food and inspect all plates to ensure completeness and accuracy of menu and diet preferences.
• Establish food service production lines to ensure meals are timely prepared.
• Complete necessary forms and reports to submit to the DSS.
• Responsible for providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
• Ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding residents’ rights.
• $100/month for gas allowance.
• Competitive pay with benefits package including health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, and generous PTO.
If you are interested, please apply on-line! We look forward to hearing from you soon!